Requesting official transcripts
Request that your official transcript(s) be sent to Admission Services.
Your official transcripts are certified copies from each high school, college, university or technical school you attended that show the courses you took, grades you earned, and certificates or degrees you were awarded. Arizona State University requires you to send transcripts from every institution you attended.
Upon graduation or the completion of the semester, request that your school or schools send a final transcript directly to ASU to determine final university admission status. Official transcripts must be sent directly to Admission Services at ASU from the issuing institution’s records office either by mail or electronically through a secured transcript service approved by ASU.
- Transcripts may not be faxed.
- Transcripts sent via email may be accepted if sent directly from an authorized school official at the issuing institution to ASU at email@example.com. If ASU is unable to verify the sender is from the issuing institution, the emailed transcript will not be accepted as official.
- Official transcripts delivered by hand will be accepted only if they are sealed in the original envelope provided by the community college or university and bear the university seal and the signature of the registrar of the issuing institution.
- When possible, please include the student’s full name and student number or application number in transcript submissions.
- Any transcripts submitted by students directly via email are considered unofficial and will not satisfy our official transcript priority task requirement.
Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx)
Microsoft Excel (.xls or .xlsx)
Image (.jpg .jpeg .gif .png
Adobe PDF (.pdf)
If the file size is exceeded and/or the document type is not supported, the email will be rejected.
Documents not accepted through the transcripts inboxes
NOTE: The transcript inboxes are only for transcripts/mark sheets sent to ASU directly from the sending institution or transcript vendor, English translations of transcripts, degree/graduation certificates, and transcript supporting documentation such as school profiles and degree program curriculum sheets. Please do NOT send the following documents to our transcript email addresses (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com) as they will not be added to the student record.
- English proficiency scores not sent by the testing service itself.
- I-20 documents such as bank statements, financial guarantees or passports.
- Letters of recommendation.
For more information on submitting English proficiency test scores, I-20 or Letters of Recommendation documents, please see the following webpages:
- I-20 information: https://admission.asu.edu/international/student-visa
- English proficiency information:
- Undergraduate Admission: https://admission.asu.edu/international/undergrad/english-proficiency
- Graduate Admission: https://admission.asu.edu/international/graduate/english-proficiency
- Letters of Recommendation information:
- Graduate Letters of recommendation: https://admission.asu.edu/graduate/letter-of-recommendation
- Undergraduate Admission: Not needed unless we specifically ask you for this information.
- Resume information:
- Graduate Admission: Should be uploaded at the time of application, if required for the program of application. https://admission.asu.edu/graduate/apply
- Undergraduate Admission: Not needed as part of the application process.